Town of Boonton Police - Parking Regulations
If you received a summons for an overtime parking violation at a metered space, and believe it was issued in error due to a malfunctioning meter, please Click Here to download the parking meter test request form. Once completed and signed it needs to be handed in to the court clerk or police dispatch. You will need the freely available Adobe Reader software to view it. Please Click Here to download Adobe Reader if needed.
Fees: At 2 hour (short term) meters, 25 cents for each 30 minutes.
At 12 hour (long term) meters, 25 cents for each 3 hours.
At long term spaces regulated by coin boxes in Parking Lots $1.00 per day.
Annual Permits for long term spaces only, $ 150.00 per year prorated. Permits can be purchased at the Office of the Municipal Clerk, M-F 8:30AM to 4:00PM.
Contractor Daily Permits $ 12.00 per day, per vehicle. These can be purchased at the Police Desk.
Penalties: The fine for overtime parking or failure to pay the required fee when parking is $35.00. The fines for all other violations of this ordinance are $50.00. Except, handicap parking and parking with more then 3 inches of snow, which are $250.00 and $35.00 respectively.
* In addition to regulating Main Street and Hawkins Place with 2 hour free spaces. Washington St. from Lathrop to Grant both sides and Monroe St. both sides between Washington St. and Madison St. will be also regulated parking with 2 hour free spaces.
* It shall be illegal to move a vehicle from one regulated space to another, for purposes of extending the parking time of that vehicle beyond the established 2 hour limit, known as "Car Jockeying".
* It shall be unlawful for the owner or operator of any motor vehicle to park or permit a motor vehicle to remain parked, in any regulated parking space longer than 24 consecutive hours.
* It shall be unlawful for owners or operators to park any motor vehicle larger than a standard size (3/4 ton) pickup truck, a standard size van, or to park trailers of any kind, or to park any motor vehicle having dual wheels on any axle or having two or more rear axles, in all of the municipal parking lots or on any property owned by the Town .
* It shall be unlawful for any person to park any camping trailer, camp car or motor home on any street in the Town of Boonton, for any period longer than two (2) hours.
* It shall be unlawful for any person to park any trailer, on any street in the Town of Boonton, for any period longer than two (2) hours.
* It shall be unlawful for the owner or operator of any motor vehicle or other vehicle. To allow said vehicle to remain parked on any street in the Town of Boonton beyond twenty-Four 24 Hours, after the street has been plowed of snow, by snow removal crews.
* It shall be illegal to park any vehicle in the parking lots of the Boonton Avenue Firehouse and/or Pepe Field Park, between the hours of 2 AM and 6 AM Sunday thru Saturday. Emergency personnel are exempt for this prohibition at the Firehouse when on duty,
* No owner or operator shall of any truck, tractor, trailer, semi-trailer or omnibus having registered gross weight in excess of five tons - (10,000 pounds) or, park any motor vehicle equipped with dual wheels on any axle, upon any street between the hours 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
* No owner or operator shall park any motor vehicle designed to and/or registered for, the transportation of any amount of passengers, on any street, in any municipal parking lot or, on any property owned by the Town of Boonton, between the hours of 9 pm to 6 am. Examples of vehicles registered for such use are but, not limited to: Limousines with OL plates, a Taxi with Taxi or Omnibus plates. Vehicles with Livery and/or Taxi & Limousine Commission (TLC) plates. Vehicles with School Vehicle I and II plates.